weekend projects

now that we're out in the country and I have room to let my 6 yr old daughter outside to play, I had to make good on my promise to build her a tire swing in the front yard.
Gena and I had been out driving around and we stopped into a small garage/tire shop and I asked if they had any old tires they needed to get rid of. One of the mechanics pointed to a shed near the garage and said "go for it, take all you want".

I picked out a nice big "bubba truck" tire. a 36" mud tire. I've been making alot of trips to Lowes since we bought the house so i told my daughter "Babygirl, we have to go to Lowes" she does her best horror movie type scream and says "not againnnnn". Once I told her we needed to go and get parts to build the tire swing she had a whole different attitude.

I picked up a u-bolt, a snap swivel and 50' of poly rope and we were in business.
I drilled two 1/2" holes in the tire and installed the U bolt then drilled two more in the opposite side for water drainage.

We cleaned the tire up with some bleach and the garden hose and I hung it from a nice big branch in a tree in our frontyard. Shes been having a blast swinging on it all weekend and it was "the best xmas present ever"

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online